Want to know the secret to perfect skin? Surprise! There isn’t a one size fits all answer, but here are a few tips to help you achieve your best face.
- Cut the sugar. Sugar is a major contributor to inflammation in the body. It actively affects hormone production which in turn can trigger more breakouts and speed the aging process.
- Eat your vegetables. Increasing intake of just about any vegetable will bring more fiber into your diet which helps to remove the excess sugars that can be speeding up signs of aging.
- Move. Increasing circulation through regular exercise helps assist the metabolism of your cells. The more blood flow your cells get, the more oxygen and nutrients they also receive.
- Be still. A regular meditation practice can do wonders for the body. If we run ourselves ragged without ever “checking” in, it shows. Meditation and breath-work have been shown to reduce stress, and in the process reduce cortisol levels in our body- the hormone that helps retain adipose tissue in the abdomen.
- Invest in quality skincare. Most products out there contain parabens, preservatives, and a whole lot of filler ingredients that are ineffective, cause allergies, or even have harmful effects (parabens can mimic the hormone estrogen and disrupt your body’s natural processes). Be choosy in your skin care products.
- Take your makeup off before bed. I don’t think I really need to explain this one but, leaving makeup and dirt on your face from the day lets bacteria have a party. While we’re at it, change your pillow case once a week at the very least.